Brace yourselves because we are about to whip up a big bowl of healthy, yummy breakfast goodness.
To be fair, you could call this dish lunch or even dinner and no one is going to argue. They’ll be too busy munching on these warm, savory greens! This recipe is super easy and packed full of enough vitamins to power you through to spring (it is coming, we promise!).
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or EV Coconut Oil)
- ¼ large Red Onion, diced
- 2 large cloves Garlic, diced
- 1 cup Kale leaves, tightly packed with stems removed
- 2 Eggs
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Feta or Goat Cheese
Honestly, these ingredients can be switched up to your tastes and whatever you have inside your fridge. You don’t like kale? Toss in some spinach instead! Are you craving something more substantial? Fry up a sweet potato or roast some beets to add in. Feeling like you need to use up last night’s brown rice? Give those little grains a stir into your greens. This is your show, we’re just here to provide a little inspiration.
Alright, let’s make this thing!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Drizzle 1T of your oil into a skillet, warm to medium heat
- Saute diced onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes
- Add in your kale leaves (These will start off as a giant, green mountain but don’t worry! They’ll cook down in about 3 minutes.)
- Once your veggies soften, make 2 small nests in the greens and crack in your eggs
- Drizzle 1T of oil around the edge of your skillet
- Top eggs with salt and pepper, sprinkle cheese over the entire dish
- Cover skillet with foil and place in your oven
- Bake 7-10 minutes, removing foil in last 2 minutes
Bam! There you have it. A super simple, healthy breakfast to warm you up for the chilly day ahead.
Let us know how you made this dish your own in the comment section below. We love hearing from you! What we would love even more is seeing you at our next Vita Collective gathering.